Sitz Bath Home Remedy for Hemorrhoids
A sitz bath is one home remedy for cleansing your hemorrhoids.
You do this by immersing your pelvic and anal regions in warm water for 20-30 minutes twice a day.
Using A Herbal Decoction As Natural Body Cleanse
Boil 3 cups of fresh and chopped balimbi, aka kamias leaves in 8 liters of water for 10 minutes.
Strain and use this decoction for a hot sitz bath.
If kamias leaves are hard to come by in your area, you can use table salt instead. Just use enough salt so it dissolves easily.
Here's What Good It Can Do
- It relieves pain in your rectum
- It hastens healing
- It cleanses the painful lump of tissue that protrudes outside your anus
- It relieves the cramps and spasms in your pelvic area
- It stimulates blood circulation in your pelvis
You are busy attending to some important papers in your office when
suddenly, you feel like going to the toilet. But instead of answering
the call of nature, you postpone it.
Sooner or later it becomes
second nature to you but what you don't realize is that a habitual
postponement of bowel movements is one cause of hemorrhoids.
- Increased pressure on the veins in your pelvis
The swollen veins stretch the surrounding tissue
Here's How To Do It
- Fill up your bath tub or large basin with warm water along with the herbal decoction
- The water should be just deep enough to cover your pelvic area
- Apply cold compress on your head for as long as you sit there
- Keep the water warm for the whole duration
- Pat yourself dry after you are done
Be Aware Of These Symptoms
- An urge to have another bowel movement right after you just had one
- Skin irritation in the anal area
- Immense anal pain during bowel movement
- Rectal bleeding during bowel movement
Bleeding and pain in your rectum are also symptoms of colon cancer.
When you either stand or sit for a prolonged period, your blood tends
to converge in the anus and increase the pressure on the veins.
Here's another thing you should be aware of: If you frequently lift
heavy objects, it causes a sudden strain on the blood vessels in your
Some Factors For Increased Risks
- Age - if you are over 50 years old
- Family history
- Frequent constipation or diarrhea
- Overweight - your excess weight may increase the pressure on the veins in your pelvic area
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Pregnancy - the strain of labor can cause hemorrhoids
Take Preventive Measures
- Avoid constipation - eat plenty of fruits such as papaya
- Avoid hot, spicy foods
- Eat some high fiber food such as whole-grain bread
- If you are pregnant, sleep on your side. It lessens the pressure on your pelvic veins
Aside from a sitz bath, these two can help ease your trouble internally and here's why.
- Aloe Vera - drink 1/2 cup once a day preferably on an empty stomach. It contains:
- Glyco-protein which inhibits pain
- Prostaglandins which has strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Sterols which are also anti-inflammatory
- Salicylates which have also strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties
- it is a natural antibiotic. it also stimulates the thymus gland and therefore boosts immunity and resistance to infection
Note: Do not drink aloe vera gel if you are pregnant.
Be Safe. Call Your Doctor Immediately If These Things Happen
- The pain in your rectum is acute and intolerable
- Severe swelling occurs
- The lump inside your anus gets bigger and more painful
- If you notice the bleeding changes from bright red to dark red
- If the color of your stool changes into chocolate brown or black
Taking a sitz bath can ease your pain. But taking the preventive measures mentioned above can help you avoid pain.
- If you believe that doing some preventive measure now is a whole lot
better than ending up later in the hospital for the cure, then you need
to cleanse your colon now(Return from Sitz Bath to body detox and you)